New on CosmeticIndustry.com, 7-12-00 (repost)
This week's update on the What's New page of CosmeticIndustry.com has lots of new sites and news.
SITES TO SEE: - P&G's new site - a gift set site, featuring P&G's brands; "�exciting care packages that are practical, thoughtful, and cost under $25."
- Beautique.co.uk - a guide to U.K. beauty must haves. Shop online for a wide range of products recommended by make-up artists, editors, and industry insiders.
- myskinMD - "the world's most comprehensive online dermatology and physician validated e-health site dedicated to skin care"; a dermatologist locator profiles 3,000 board-certified dermatologists and helps you find one near you; the site helps you profile your skin, determine what UV protection you need when traveling in the U.S., provides ingredient information and carries 25 skin care lines for sale.
- A Virtual Business Advisor - for one-stop access to federal government information, services and transactions, g! o to the U.S. Business Advisor site. It's a wealth of information on starting a business, getting financing, complying with tax codes and other financial issues relevant to small businesses.
- Intomakeup.com - provides beauty advice sent in from readers who can post questions, makeup and beauty tips, product reviews, beauty recipes, beauty links; has a message board to communicate with other women. No products are sold on this site.
- Anti-Aging Conference and Exposition - "Anti-Aging Therapeutics for the Office-Based Physician and Practitioner"; sponsored by the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine; scheduled for Chicago July 21-23, 2000
- the new Anna Sui website
IN THE NEWS: - Fragrance sampling via the internet? Trisenx Debuts their MultiSENX(�), a computer peripheral that delivers fragrances directly from a computer. (Press release from Yahoo.com
- Makeover S! tudio - Virtual makeovers: Here's clicking at you, kid; feature story from CNet.com
- ICMAD Announces Winners of Cosmetic Entrepreneur Awards for Leadership (press release from Yahoo.com) - Cosmair Takes New Name: L'Oreal USA - A website (www.lorealusa.com) will be launched simultaneously with the change in corporate name; (press release from Yahoo.com)
- New internet site for unloading excess inventory: RetailExchange.com Adds Health & Beauty and Food Categories - this online business-to-business global marketplace for the exchange of excess consumer goods, today announced the launch of its health & beauty and food categories; press release from Yahoo.com
- Gloss.com takes some strides away from print world - ZD.Net evaluates gloss.com's redesigned fragrance pages and finds them in need of more work
- Shakeout, Strong Growth In E-tail Forecast - North American Internet retailing is on pace to surpass $29.3 billion this year, according ! to the Gartner Group (from Adweek)
CONSUMER TALK: - direct links to Deja.com for consumers� opinions:
- The "new" Mademoiselle - while this started out with "Mademoiselle", the thread picks up on consumers' dissatisfaction with the lack of fashion coverage in the fashion magazines in general. These readers feel too many of the magazines are trying to be "Cosmopolitan".
Come visit http://www.CosmeticIndustry.com
This message is posted in compliance with this newsgroup's FAQ <http://www.mediaocracy.com/alt.fashion/altfashionfaq.html
Licensing grant information on Deja.com�s linkback program can be found at <http://deja.com/info/linkback.shtml>.
Got quest ions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free! http://www.keen.com